futureAM - Next Generation Additive Manufacturing
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft has created futureAM to systematically and continuously develop the additive manufacturing (AM) of metallic components. For this purpose, six institutes – all with a wealth of experience in the field of additive manufacturing – have entered into a strategic project partnership:
- the Fraunhofer Research Institution for Additive Manufacturing Technologies IAPT, Hamburg
- the Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Materials IFAM, Bremen
- the Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research IGD, Darmstadt
- the Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT, Aachen
- the Fraunhofer Institute for Material and Beam Technology IWS, Dresden
- the Fraunhofer Institute for Machine Tools and Forming Technology IWU, Chemnitz
This partnership has set itself two goals:
1. Establish a comprehensive cooperation platform for the highly integrated cooperation and use of the decentrally distributed resources of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft in the field of AM.
2. Create the technological prerequisites to increase scalability, productivity and quality of AM processes in a way relevant to praxis for the production of tailor-made metal components.